Rugelach in different variations
For 48 (small) Rugelach
280 g of flour
35 g of powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 Tl vanilla salt
240 g of cold cream cheese
240 g butter | diced & cool
1/2 TL lemon juice
Chocolate Nut Filling
100 g walnuts
250-300 g dark chocolate | finely chopped
100 g sugar or muscovado sugar
2 Tl cinnamon
Raisin apricot filling
75 g of raisins
80 g of dried apricots | finely chopped
100 g walnuts or almonds | finely chopped
100 ml apricot jam
1 tsp cinnamon
140 g almonds | Blanched and very fine chopped
250 g strawberry jam
100 g white chocolate | Finely chopped | at will
1. Mix the flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add butter and cream cheese to the flour mixture. Coarse with an electric mixer or fingertips butter and cream cheese. Add lemon juice and mix with a fork until just such a dough arises.
3. Place the dough on the slightly floured work surface and fast as possible so that the fat does not melt, kneaded. Share the dough into 4 pieces and form each to a slice. Place the dough slices individually in baking paper in the refrigerator. There they hold several days; Freezing they can also be freeze. The colder of the dough, the easier he can roll out!
4. Prepare one or more fillings now. Each filling is eating out for the total amount of dough.
5. Preheat the oven to 185 ° C. Lay out a baking tray with baking paper. On the slightly floured work surface, roll out a dough plate to a circle, about 3 mm thick and with a diameter of 25 cm. In equal pieces, as a clock split. I like to share the dough in 12 pieces. Distribute the filling evenly on the dough and roll up from the wide end of the triangles.
6. Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the Rugelach are golden brown. Cool on a cake grille.