The dough ranges for 2 rounds Tartforms | 23-25 cm Ø | The dough can be freezable
Ingredients | dough
200 g cold butter
75 g cold vegetable fat (Badiin) or Schmalz
150 ml of cold water
400 g of flour
1 Tl salt
½ tl sugar
Flour for the work surface
Blindback balls or 300g dried sleeve fruits for blind baking
Ingredients | filling
1 broccoli *, divided
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 tbsp olive oil
100 g of Cheddar cheese, roughly rubbed
Some El chopped herbs | z. B. Parsley, Majoran, Thyme
375 ml milk or cream | or a mix of both
Freshly grated nutmeg, at will
1. For the dough cut butter and fat into small cubes and place in the fridge. Cold 150 ml of water. Mix the flour, salt and sugar. Increase with fingertips, cold butter and cold fat roughly into the flour mixture. Add cold water and start everything for a moment until a dough is created. Dough on the slightly floured work surface quickly knead, halve, and wrap each half in baking paper. Cold for 45 minutes. The dough is 2 to 3 days in the fridge or frozen, several months.
2. Preheat the oven to 190 ° C (convection or bottom heat). Roll out a half dough on the slightly floured work surface with the rolling pin 3-4 mm thick. Place the dough in the baking dish, easily press on floor and edges. Cut off excess dough up to 1 cm, press the teard light easily on the side edge, so that a small lip shapes over the baking mold edge. Pick up the ground with a fork several times and cold off for 10 minutes. Cover the ground with a piece of baking paper and distribute blindback balls or legumes on top. Bake 10 minutes (blind). Remove, remove baking paper and legumes Carefully and allow to cool the bottom briefly.
3. For the filling: Broccoli blanch for 2 minutes in boiling salted water, pour into a sieve, quench ice cold and drain on a kitchen towel. Sauté onion in butter and oil, salt, salt.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese on the pre-baked ground, spread broccoli over it, season with salt, pepper and sprinkle with herbs.
5. Whisk eggs with milk or cream, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables. Distribute remaining cheese over it. Bake quiche for 40 to 45 minutes. After 25 minutes check the color and cover the quiches with baking paper if necessary. Remove and allow to cool for a short time.
* Estimate cauliflower or 1 kg of your choice
Recipe from the baking school | Photo © Nicky Walsh