Orange Almond Cake | gluten free
about 250 g bio-juice-oranges * for candied orange slices
200 ml of water
200 g sugar
1 (or 2) Large organic juice oranges, washed, ends cut off
For the dough
200 g of fine ground almonds without skin
1 Tl soda
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 tl cardamom, ground
1/4 Tl salt
3 eggs | Room temperature
150 g of pipeline sugar or sugar-rotten
50 ml olive oil
Butter for the baking dish
* Juice-oranges are preferred because the skin is thinner.
1. Put 250 grams of juice oranges in a saucepan, cover with cold water and simmer for two hours. Drain, cool, cut off the ends. Halve every orange, core and finely puree everything. Measure about 250 grams of puree.
2. For the candied orange slices cut the orange slices into five millimeters. In a large pan or a pot, bring the sugar to the boil with the water until the sugar dissolves. Place the orange slices into the sugar water so every slice has space. Cook 15 minutes gently. From time to time turn on the slices. Cool on a grid.
3. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees (convection or bottom heat). Slightly insert baking mold, lay out with baking paper and arrange orange slices on the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Mix the almonds with soda, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Push the eggs with the sugar in a mixing bowl with food machine or hand mixer creamy. The olive oil, then add the orange puree and continue. Stir in the almonds with a dough scraper.
5. Distribute the dough evenly in the mold and bake for 35 to 39 minutes. Make the rake test. After 25 minutes after the color of the cake look and possibly cover with a piece of baking paper.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool briefly in the form. Then fall and allow to cool on a cake grille.